The Principality of Schwyzerbund is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 113 million swisses live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The strong swiss economy, worth 6.67 trillion swiss francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 59,018 swiss francs, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 446,137 per year while the poor average 2,202, a ratio of 202 to 1.
Cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, all tariffs have been abolished, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Schwyzerbund's national animal is the ibex.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Schwyzerbund's influence in Union Mundial rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Schwyzerbund lodged a message on the Union Mundial Regional Message Board.
- : Schwyzerbund created a custom banner.
- : Schwyzerbund's influence in Union Mundial rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Schwyzerbund altered its national flag.
- : Schwyzerbund changed its national currency to "swiss franc".
- : Schwyzerbund changed its national demonym to "swiss" and its demonym adjective to "swiss".
- : Schwyzerbund's influence in Union Mundial rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Schwyzerbund's influence in Union Mundial rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Schwyzerbund's influence in Union Mundial rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".