The Empire of Scholar is a massive, safe nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, avant-garde cinema, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.249 billion Scholarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 23.5%.
The powerhouse Scholarian economy, worth 130 trillion books a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,698 books, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it, fat-shaming is now public policy, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Scholar's national animal is the Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Federation of Les Iles Orientales.
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Clean and Green Corponation of Kursibar.
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Egalitarian Utopia of Miraslav.
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of RNGkhstan.
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Empire of Orlys.
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Federal Republic of New Kyivan Rus.
- : Scholar was endorsed by The Republic of The Psittacines.
- : Scholar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Identity Theft"".
- : Following new legislation in Scholar, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Scholar, fat-shaming is now public policy.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Yummasia, Empireedy, Socialist Platypus, Daraln, Kinshinsoukan, Ziroxeut, Hubdova, Aether Inc, Terra-Prisma, Novo Reslas, Liberto-Ancapistan, Northshires, Adalwulf, Sri Malawi, Duby, The Capitalist China Party, Ropen, NZ Land, Jolly Industries, Baccara, Grand Order Of Lodgec, Nordharz, Pervincia, Aelandi, Lislandia, Altareynsikht, Stustu, Meowtremulous, Celestial Flames, Tie-Died Chinchillas, Loveable Dogs, Trilatonia, Galliadurm, Neovirak, Horacko Federation, Stratanaasterishion, Nova Briton, South Blorbo, Paul Pasch, Charville, Timiskrane, Red Finlandian Guard, Nibelia, Democratic Conservative Republics, East Groland, Wollo, Dennis the Goat, LC Land, Balan Bar, Unidentified-nation, and 22 others.Koneule, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Lugunica, The Cape Horn, Saraai, Olornia, Ist Grald Boy, Revendani, Neuber, Soviet Utopia Reunion Party, Ciapore, Theocratic Disciples of Christ, Lashyr, Femboykhstan, Khlachten, Wakaru, The Psittacines, Orlys, RNGkhstan, Miraslav, Kursibar, and Les Iles Orientales.