The Federal Republic of Scanorama is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Matilda Hortensia with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 17.402 billion Miracles live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Diamond Princess. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Miracle economy, worth a remarkable 6,104 trillion Paragons a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 350,798 Paragons, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,046,665 per year while the poor average 28,312, a ratio of 72.3 to 1.
Artists are pillars of society, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence, and claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Scanorama's national animal is the Newt, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Glinda.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges.
- : Scanorama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Extrajudicial Punishment Ban".
- : Scanorama was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- : Scanorama endorsed The Federal Republic of Esthmark.
- : Scanorama was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Scanorama, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Copenhagen Metropolis, Ziltoidia Greys, Larsovania, Vulkanas, Aboveland, Trez-Nem, Caspersland, The Former Municipality of Ringerike, Asterdel, Aarhustan, Chiselstrait, Rolven, Sorlovia, Eylandia, Svenskis, Athecate, Whallhall, Vingulmork, Hyperuranos, and Esthmark.