The Republic of Scalizagasti is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sarah Millard with an even hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, pith helmet sales, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 3.558 billion Scalizagastians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bewundal. The average income tax rate is 46.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Scalizagastian economy, worth 460 trillion scalizzes a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 129,556 scalizzes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Private law firms are unheard of, convicted criminals are given free limo rides to jail, Wolf sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, and the government maintains a Department of Skulduggery. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scalizagasti's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scalizagasti was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Scalizagasti endorsed The Democratic People's Republic of Far Tholk.
- : Scalizagasti voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Scalizagasti voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Scalizagasti was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Scalizagasti applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Scalizagasti published "URA Recommendation: Vote AGAINST "Condemn Lily"" (Bulletin: Campaign).
- : Scalizagasti published "URA Recommendation: Vote FOR "Supporting People with Disabilities"" (Bulletin: Campaign).
- : Scalizagasti lodged a message on the The Great Experiment Regional Message Board.
- : Scalizagasti was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.