The Kingdom of Scagdo is a large, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic, devout population of 85 million Scagdoans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 51.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The basket case Scagdoan economy, worth 983 billion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 11,569 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scagdo's national animal is the porpoise, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Scagdo's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Scagdo relocated from The East Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- : Scagdo was ejected from The East Pacific by The Office Cowboy of Funkadelia.
- : Scagdo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Scagdo's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Scagdo, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- : Following new legislation in Scagdo, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Scagdo, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions.
- : Following new legislation in Scagdo, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Scagdo was founded in The East Pacific.