The Confederacy of Saundie is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Dr Cakeston with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ritual sacrifices, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 17.442 billion Saundieans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cakeston. The average income tax rate is 2.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Saundiean economy, worth a remarkable 2,743 trillion cheesecakes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 157,293 cheesecakes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is common to see Maxémon Trainer listed on Saundiean resumés, there have been reports of people marrying housepets, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes, and people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns. Crime is totally unknown. Saundie's national animal is the cheesecake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Absolut Empire of Hitsu.
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Stjernen II.
- : Saundie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsibility in Transferring Arms".
- : Saundie was endorsed by The Libertarian State of Zifre.
- : Saundie was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- : Saundie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Central Library Compact".
- : Following new legislation in Saundie, it is common to see Maxémon Trainer listed on Saundiean resumés.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Beezertopia, Liuchong, Farrakhan, Romosia, Sarotte, Zdravstvuite, Indira, Cocaine Factory Island, Perfect Sublime Masters, McStanistan, Capitalist Paradise, Salikawood, The Citizens Commonwealth, Doormat to the Lord, Lopea, Pastafarianism Is Love, UKIMAR RBON, Panormia, Courania, The Horror Channel, Caneighda, Nultsia, Cleo and Topaz, Berlitria, Zyonn, Zavea, The Sol Ecumene, The Church of Satan, Jurgenborg-Bjorgynbeck, Melon feud, and Hitsu.