The Holy Empire of Sassopolis is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 215 million Sass Lordians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 27.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Sassopolisian economy, worth 12.8 trillion Sick Burns a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 59,657 Sick Burns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Serial killers who are released early distribute death but not their seed, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down. Crime is totally unknown. Sassopolis's national animal is the Sassy Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sassopolis, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down.
- : Sassopolis was endorsed by The Republic of Catillos.
- : Following new legislation in Sassopolis, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Following new legislation in Sassopolis, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League.
- : Sassopolis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Sassopolis endorsed The Republic of Office Chair.
- : Sassopolis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Following new legislation in Sassopolis, serial killers who are released early distribute death but not their seed.
- : Following new legislation in Sassopolis, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Sassopolis, military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies.
Endorsements Received: 43 » Amerion, Corgitopiaa, Erinor, Yeldarbsland, Tepertopia, Qvait, Laamiva, Madreia, Jehenna, Aumeltopia, The Worst army of, United States of Vietnam, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Alaninia, Purple Hyacinth, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Myness, Wehraboos, Merevane, Qawe, West Pastafaria, Sau Man Frescher, Rabbitz, CzechoSlovakishMoravia, Eskvenn, Ovkianos, Drugged Monkeys, Sandaoguo, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Avia Lavanda, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Kedjens, The Tecorogan Federation, Midand, New Briantown, Concrete Slab, Gonrati, White Bananistan, and Catillos.