The Waving the holy red war flag of Sassoon is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.587 billion Sassoonians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ginsburg City. The average income tax rate is 84.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sassoonian economy, worth 489 trillion Sons a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,733 Sons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Laser-wielding robots are taking aim at human hearts, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', and the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sassoon's national animal is the Zombie Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Fishermongering.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sassoon, the standardised national curriculum requires that all-male classes be taught why they have periods.
- : Sassoon endorsed The Hegemonic Uniocracy of Jar Wattinree.
- : Sassoon lost the endorsement of The Commonwealth of Reverent Dusk.
- : Sassoon lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Sassoon withdrew its endorsement from The Hegemonic Uniocracy of Jar Wattinree.
- : Sassoon lost the endorsement of The Hegemonic Uniocracy of Jar Wattinree.
- : Sassoon endorsed The United Kingdom of Glealian.
- : Sassoon endorsed The Imperial Autocracy of Shnailand.
- : Following new legislation in Sassoon, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys'.
- : Following new legislation in Sassoon, the voyages of obsolete star-trekking satellites on deliberate escape orbits are only just beginning.