The United People's Union of Saskonta is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Peng Don-Gasay with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, avowedly heterosexual populace, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.395 billion Saskontans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bandar Merah. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 46.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Saskontan economy, worth 255 trillion Yùóngs a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 106,841 Yùóngs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 354,286 per year while the poor average 24,052, a ratio of 14.7 to 1.
Saskontan companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation, lifeguards are more concerned with watching for sharks than struggling swimmers, gun-wielding gangsters sometimes deal death from as far as ten paces away, and matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saskonta's national animal is the Chonglima, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saskonta's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Saskonta was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Saskonta ceased to exist in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators.
- : Saskonta was endorsed by The Dictatorial Kingdom of Vlamms Statt.
- : Saskonta was endorsed by The Technocracy of Branalia.
- : Saskonta was endorsed by The Empire of Kazakah.
- : Saskonta was endorsed by The Immortal Empire of Refarria.
- : Saskonta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Saskonta was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Saskonta, matryoshka dolls resembling nested Death Stars are commonly sold.