|Leader||Federick van Nassau|
The People's Republic of Sarussia is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Federick van Nassau with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 5.6 billion Sarussians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ruinen. The average income tax rate is 61.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sarussian economy, worth 484 trillion Sarmarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 86,441 Sarmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's a miracle that there aren't more plane crashes, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, children who believe in the tooth fairy are frequently shipped off to Bigtopia, and Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Sarussia. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sarussia's national animal is the Black Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sarussia published "Sarussian Culture" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Sarussia published "Sarussian Services and other companys" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Sarussia published "Sarussian Transport Company's" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Sarussia published "Sarussian Army Music/Marches" (Factbook: Military).
- : Sarussia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Sarussia, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Sarussia.
- : Following new legislation in Sarussia, children who believe in the tooth fairy are frequently shipped off to Bigtopia.
- : Sarussia changed its national motto to "Glory to the union!".
- : Sarussia published "Link to iiwiki" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Sarussia endorsed The Democratic Republic of Rutheneja.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Speke, Whitmarche, Kiyortza, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, Halsuntria, Gadorien, Southern Velutaria, Wellsenfaile, Montecaro, Kentalis, Abjekistan, Foxomexra, Prybourne, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Gran Rugido, Valcouria, Kistolia, Amrelia, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Gavrilia, Lyonheimer, Torvon, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Sab Demenr, and Rutheneja.