The Smelly City of Sardine World is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Sardine Man with an even hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, parental licensing program, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 6.866 billion Sardinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt individuals juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sardinia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sardine Worldian economy, worth 997 trillion Sardine Bucks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 145,343 Sardine Bucks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 420,931 per year while the poor average 39,770, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, there's a lot of smoke from the nation's "green economy", and exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Sardine World's national animal is the Sardine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Sardinology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sardine World was endorsed by The Big Tex Nation of NewTexas.
- : Following new legislation in Sardine World, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles.
- : Following new legislation in Sardine World, there's a lot of smoke from the nation's "green economy".
- : Sardine World was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Sardine World, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Sardine World voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : Sardine World voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Stock Exchanges and Foreign investment"".
- : Sardine World's influence in Texas rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Sardine World, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Sardine World, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile.