|Leader||The Saralonian Council|
|Currency||Saralonian Pakt Mark|
The Communist Confederation of Saralonia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Saralonian Council with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 3.046 billion Saralonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saralonia City. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Saralonian economy, worth 562 trillion Saralonian Pakt Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 184,715 Saralonian Pakt Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, nude art is becoming wildly popular, posters on 'Saralonian Values' advise against being proud of Saralonia, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saralonia's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, posters on 'Saralonian Values' advise against being proud of Saralonia.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more.
- : Saralonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Saralonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, newspapers are celebrating The Saralonian Council saving over a million cats from trees.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself.
- : Following new legislation in Saralonia, tourists are kicked out if they express interest in their national sport.
Endorsements Received: None.