The Lesbian Kingdom of Sapphland is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sappho Blade with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.171 billion Sapphlandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sappholot. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The thriving Sapphic economy, worth 692 trillion silver dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 112,272 silver dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene, the reams of paperwork accompanying any electronic item are a recognised contributor to national deforestation, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose, and captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sapphland's national animal is the bluejay, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Swordism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sapphland's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sapphland's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Sapphland's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Sapphland's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Sapphland's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Sapphland's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Sapphland relocated from Ambition to Caer Sidi.
- : Sapphland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Sapphland's influence in Ambition rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sapphland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.