The Kingdom of Santones is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Thibault II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 2.503 billion Santonians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, moralistic, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, although Defense, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important, while Environment isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saintes. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.7%.
The very strong Santonian economy, worth 158 trillion livres a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 63,348 livres, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 210,847 per year while the poor average 14,182, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, Santones has designated Saintes as its capital city, Thibault II has just been declared ruler of Santones in an international press conference, and a major religion has been named as Santones's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Santones's national animal is the lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Santones published "Royal Santonian Navy" (Factbook: Military).
- : Santones published "Santonian Livre" (Factbook: Economy).
- : Santones was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Santones published "Political Parties in Saintonge" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Santones's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Santones altered its national flag.
- : Santones relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Santones was refounded in Balder.
- : Santones ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Santones was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.