The Most Serene Moderate Danish-Acquiring Minion Republic of Santheres is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by its nobles with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 32.996 billion Santherese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Gianpiero. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Santherese economy, worth a remarkable 7,295 trillion lire a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 221,108 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, and it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Santheres's national animal is the lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Marcevangelism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Rudest Citizens and Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Santheres's influence in Razulica rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Santheres altered its national flag.
- : Santheres was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.