The Republic of Santalcine is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 689 million Santalcineans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Montcada. The average income tax rate is 41.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Santalcinean economy, worth 40.6 trillion francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is 58,873 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain. Crime is totally unknown. Santalcine's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Santalcine endorsed The Obesotocracy of Treadwellia.
- : Santalcine relocated from The East Pacific to Lazarus.
- : Santalcine was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Santalcine changed its national capital to "Montcada".
- : Santalcine voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Santalcine voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Santalcine endorsed The People's Republic of Goodnamesarerare.
- : Following new legislation in Santalcine, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Santalcine, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Santalcine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
Endorsements Received: None.