|Leader||Prime Minister Mark Kindle|
The Divine Republic of Sanctaria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Mark Kindle with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 15.849 billion Sanctarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanctus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Sanctarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,510 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is 95,317 pounds, with the richest citizens earning 7.4 times as much as the poorest.
Whenever pilots have to bail out the government bails out their company, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League, it is illegal to have the wrong clock time showing on your microwave oven, and the government is avowedly secular. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sanctaria's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sanctaria's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Sanctaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Biomedical Research".
- : Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Biomedical Research".
- : Sanctaria was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Sanctaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates".
- : Sanctaria was endorsed by The Empire of Grellania.
- : Sanctaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Dank memes"".
- : Sanctaria lodged a message on the International Democratic Union Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Laeral, Gnejs, Verwood Island Archipelago, Russian Mafia Government, Sciongrad, Lauchenoiria, Bears Armed Mission, Seaniumhydride, Cyrothica, The Chris Empire, New Lusitania and the Algarves, Kyryn, Koloda, Bevryders, Quadrea, Skoden, Unified Proletariat, Ominatis, Grosseschnauzer, Urasland, Khar Od, Beepartment, Iligayan, Nekodemus, Osirisa, Republic of Adamant, United Ambrosia, and Grellania.