The Principality of San Miguel de Abona is a very large, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 132 million San Miguel de Abonans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government prioritizes Welfare, with Education, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 7.4%.
The strong San Miguel de Abonan economy, worth 8.25 trillion euros a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is 62,530 euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. San Miguel de Abona's national animal is the blue chaffinch, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : San Miguel de Abona's influence in Republica del Tenerife fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : San Miguel de Abona's influence in Republica del Tenerife fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : San Miguel de Abona's influence in Republica del Tenerife fell from "Hermit" to "Powerbroker".
- : San Miguel de Abona's influence in Republica del Tenerife rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Republic of Republica de Tenerife appointed San Miguel de Abona as Minister of Sport with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Republica del Tenerife.
- : San Miguel de Abona relocated from The South Pacific to Republica del Tenerife.
- : San Miguel de Abona's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : San Miguel de Abona was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry, Most Primitive, Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : San Miguel de Abona lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : San Miguel de Abona altered its national flag.