The United States of Samawanda is a massive, genial nation, ruled by SamaWing with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working population of 4.945 billion Samawandans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Administration, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wanda. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Samawandan economy, worth 542 trillion Benecoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Soda Sales, and Gambling. Average income is an impressive 109,616 Benecoins, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 399,274 per year while the poor average 21,390, a ratio of 18.7 to 1.
Hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, anyone with a tin cup can stop by the welfare office to have it filled with coins, foreign governments are looking into weaponizing the infamous Samawandan bee, and exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Samawanda's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Democracy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Samawanda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Samawanda was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Samawanda's influence in Samadan fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Samawanda's influence in Samadan fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Samawanda's influence in Samadan fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Samawanda's influence in Samadan rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Following new legislation in Samawanda, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles.
- : Samawanda altered its national flag.
- : Samawanda relocated from Lazarus to Samadan.
- : Samawanda was refounded in Lazarus.