The People's Republic of Samaltak True is a massive, safe nation, ruled by La Première with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.606 billion Samaltakeans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baie-Mahault. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Samaltakean economy, worth 192 trillion Deniers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 119,770 Deniers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously", the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance, and the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Samaltak True's national animal is the Macaw, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, the dessert 'Death by Chocolate' isn't the most lethal dish on the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance.
- : Samaltak True was endorsed by The Free Land of Eagle Crest.
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme.
- : Samaltak True endorsed The Res publica of From New World.
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously".
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Samaltak True, the nation is known as the cheapskates of The East Pacific.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Mays Austrian Nation, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Rainbow Vests, Staynes, Brotherland, Interdimensional Waifus, Roliganistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, ReeK, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, East Malaysia, A mean old man, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, Imprisoned Freeman, Stellar Colonies, Elejamie, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Empire of Rijelv, New Leganes, Tretrid, Distro-Spartica, Euricanis, Unger under over, Rhealaliit, La xinga, Greater New Cassandra, Sansangra, Dragons Blood, Headpat Central, Pakitsk, Wiranath, Drunken Seal Islands, Kaigi, Asendavia, Ridann, CopyCato, Federated States of Zootron, Trimmania, Coruh, Oofery, BuciLand, Acronis, The Three States of Fortuna, Nevertopia, Dravida India, Tassirion, Debluu, and 22 others.Axdel, Zeiberland, CheeseBurrito, Santa Dystopia, Republic of New India, Vogar, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Sunsistan, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, Lorrana, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Wallenburg, Jove Mahmo, The Kulaata Islands, Enlil, Technocratic Tagalog, Pirnovo, Spiruvania, Squid Ruinosa, From New World, and Eagle Crest.