The Kingdom of Salty Burs is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, otherworldly petting zoo, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.223 billion Salty Bursians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Balaho. The average income tax rate is 85.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Salty Bursian economy, worth 236 trillion Burs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 106,467 Burs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Too many developers spoil the codebase, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise, theatre audiences often need a telescope to see the stage, and any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Salty Burs's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Salty Burs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Salty Burs, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Salty Burs, theatre audiences often need a telescope to see the stage.
- : Following new legislation in Salty Burs, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Salty Burs, too many developers spoil the codebase.
- : Following new legislation in Salty Burs, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend.
- : Salty Burs was endorsed by The Republic of Fighting Kawi Ninja.
- : Salty Burs was endorsed by The Still Best in TSP of Witchcraft and Sorcery.
- : Salty Burs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Salty Burs was endorsed by The Empire of Rhetiaa.
Endorsements Received: 82 » Anserisa, The Filippinas, Qvait, Aumeltopia, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Yeldarbsland, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Amerion, Bleakfoot, Crystal Creation, Wehraboos, PenguinPies, Xandev, Kringalia, Beepee, Farengeto, Ebonhand, Holy Free, Mapico, Tsunamy, Marinho Islands, Auphelia, Corgitopiaa, Kandorith, Nowa Europa, Ralphburg, Shefino, New Briantown, Myness, West Pastafaria, Sandaoguo, Drugged Monkeys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Midand, Concrete Slab, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Laamiva, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, House Ahsanul, Tepertopia, Phanama, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Sedunn, Vanbella, Belschaft, Apartment 11F, and 32 others.Rotenaplistan, Rebel-topia, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Techganet, Ottawa land, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Ipugao, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaoia, Direwolf1, JavaSiege, Dalegreen, Kaleidescooptopia, Beblahbleblo, North Prarie, Agletgreenia, Rhetiaa, and Fighting Kawi Ninja.