The Commonwealth of Saltorbia is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 247 million Saltorbians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.3%.
The thriving Saltorbian economy, worth 12.8 trillion Pounds a year, is dominated by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is 51,765 Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 183,234 per year while the poor average 10,559, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Saltorbia's national animal is the Caracal, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saltorbia's influence in Alnobia fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Saltorbia's influence in Alnobia fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Saltorbia changed the regional password in Alnobia.
- : Saltorbia's influence in Alnobia rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Saltorbia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Saltorbia lodged a message on the Alnobia Regional Message Board.
- : Saltorbia agreed to construct embassies between Alnobia and The Shadows.
- : Saltorbia password-protected Alnobia.
- : Saltorbia updated the World Factbook entry in Alnobia.
- : Saltorbia relocated from The North Pacific to Alnobia.