The Principality of Saltbridge is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Angela McAdams with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, rampant corporate plagiarism, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.861 billion Saltians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 79.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Saltbridgean economy, worth 625 trillion Salterlings a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 79,527 Salterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government seizes all major gold finds, the military has declared that 'a woman's place is in the mess hall', the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones, and legal contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saltbridge's national animal is the Warewolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Armed Republic of Chandelier Group was struck by a Mk III (Purifier) Cure Missile from Saltbridge, curing 1 million infected.
- : Saltbridge was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Saltbridge's influence in Zecrarth fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Saltbridge was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and Largest Governments.
- : Saltbridge's influence in Zecrarth fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Saltbridge proposed constructing embassies between Zecrarth and Avrin Union.
- : Saltbridge proposed constructing embassies between Zecrarth and Council of New European States CoNES.
- : Saltbridge's influence in Zecrarth fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Saltbridge's influence in Zecrarth fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Saltbridge agreed to construct embassies between Zecrarth and Fredonia.