The Third Republic of Salish-Cascadia is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Puget-Pacific National Party with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 13.818 billion Cascadians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, liberal government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duwamish City. The average income tax rate is 51.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Cascadian economy, worth 92.8 trillion Genesian Credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 6,712 Genesian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, voting is compulsory, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Salish-Cascadia's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Salish-Cascadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Enabling The Disabled In Academia".
- : Salish-Cascadia approved the World Assembly proposal "Banning Banishment".
- : Salish-Cascadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Wrektopia".
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, military spending is on the increase.
- : Salish-Cascadia agreed to construct embassies between The Genesis Corporation and Democratic States Alliance.
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, voting is compulsory.
- : Salish-Cascadia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Salish-Cascadia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Trade of Endangered Organisms ".
- : Salish-Cascadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".