The Third Republic of Salish-Cascadia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Puget-Pacific National Party with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, parental licensing program, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 13.282 billion Cascadians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment is also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Duwamish City. The average income tax rate is 52.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Cascadian economy, worth 90.0 trillion Genesian Credits a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 6,779 Genesian Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Euthanasia is legal, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Salish-Cascadia's national animal is the Stag, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
- : Salish-Cascadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Salish-Cascadia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Salish-Cascadia agreed to construct embassies between The Genesis Corporation and RGBN.
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet.
- : Following new legislation in Salish-Cascadia, euthanasia is legal.
- : Salish-Cascadia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Salish-Cascadia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Salish-Cascadia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsibility in Transferring Arms".