|Leader||President Victor Caldwell|
The Democratic Republic of Saldinado is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Victor Caldwell with a fair hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.893 billion Saldinadoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of San Morenzo. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Saldinadoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,914 trillion Saldinadoan Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 193,481 Saldinadoan Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Brave curators do battle with disorganised government libraries, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around San Morenzo, passwords to nuclear codes must now contain upper and lower case characters, and many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saldinado's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saldinado's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Saldinado's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Saldinado was refounded in Balder.
- : Saldinado ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Following new legislation in Saldinado, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Following new legislation in Saldinado, passwords to nuclear codes must now contain upper and lower case characters.
- : Saldinado was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Saldinado was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Saldinado was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Saldinado was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.