The Federation of Saint Yosx is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, aversion to nipples, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 455 million Saint Yosxians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Defense, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 5.9%.
The very strong Saint Yosxian economy, worth 23.1 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 50,805 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Hell is not always other people, college-level writing classes are taught by undergraduate editors of the school newspaper, burgers often list "miscellaneous meats" in their ingredients, and the backs of 'No Trespassing' signs were made for you and me. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force. Saint Yosx's national animal is the Fox, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saint Yosx resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Saint Yosx's influence in The Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Saint Yosx was endorsed by The Star Fox of Jar Wattinree.
- : Saint Yosx voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Road Safety"".
- : Saint Yosx voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Water Fluoridation Act".
- : Saint Yosx's influence in The Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Saint Yosx voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Praeceps".
- : Following new legislation in Saint Yosx, the backs of 'No Trespassing' signs were made for you and me.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Yosx, burgers often list "miscellaneous meats" in their ingredients.
- : Saint Yosx was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.