The Dominion of Saint Alaric is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Mister T with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.878 billion Saint Alaricians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lusitania. The average income tax rate is 98.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Saint Alarician economy, worth a remarkable 1,502 trillion gils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 190,703 gils, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The world still seems flat to some people in space, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and handling people's data is proving an immersive experience. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Saint Alaric's national animal is the narwhal, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saint Alaric, handling people's data is proving an immersive experience.
- : Saint Alaric voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Saint Alaric endorsed The Republic of Ugunnustan.
- : Saint Alaric was endorsed by The Republic of Ugunnustan.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Alaric, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Alaric, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Alaric, the world still seems flat to some people in space.
- : Following new legislation in Saint Alaric, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Saint Alaric voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Against Inflationary Practices".
- : Following new legislation in Saint Alaric, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
Endorsements Received: 37 » Treadwellia, Debussy, The Gelseen Hegemony, Aigania, New Rogernomics, Meat Sandwich, Americastrailia, Skin Nation The Second, Iron Alliance, Surd, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Marcellinople, Steel Vagabonds, Mainze, Leonism, Fluffiness, State of Cascadia, Flurf, Nucular, The Celestial Lands, Denado, Fortytipper, The Sigometh Dynasty, Islayth, Port Flynt, Kryansk, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Alf53, Flasankia, Greater East Portage, Evenaar, Custadia, The Free States of The North, Sierra Arali, Falconhedge, Japba, and Ugunnustan.