The People's Syndicate of Sahalinskaya is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its infamous sell-swords, ubiquitous missile silos, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 502 million Siberians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vladivostok. The average income tax rate is 59.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sakhalinian economy, worth 40.5 trillion Sakhalin Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 80,677 Sakhalin Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions are being spent on a new island airport, the only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms, and priests are being drafted by the church load. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sahalinskaya's national animal is the Siberian Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sahalinskaya was endorsed by The Communist Easter Egg Kingdom of Fauzjhia.
- : Sahalinskaya was endorsed by The Supreme Peaceful Enlightened of Andromeda Islands.
- : Following new legislation in Sahalinskaya, priests are being drafted by the church load.
- : Following new legislation in Sahalinskaya, priceless Maxtopian artwork can often be found in executive bathrooms.
- : Following new legislation in Sahalinskaya, the only way to escape lengthy prison terms is in a body bag.
- : Following new legislation in Sahalinskaya, billions are being spent on a new island airport.
- : Sahalinskaya changed its national nation type to "People's Syndicate".
- : Following new legislation in Sahalinskaya, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Sahalinskaya, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Sahalinskaya's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".