The Wanderlust Paradise of Safj is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Archon Wassner with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 28.083 billion Safjians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of South Bend. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Safjian economy, worth a remarkable 9,419 trillion Ivoxes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 335,432 Ivoxes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Safj' is a smash hit, surveillance cameras are banned, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, and Safj's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Safj's national animal is the Dodo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Safj was endorsed by The Republic of Aholz.
- : Safj's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Safj was endorsed by The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies.
- : Safj was endorsed by The Barnes-Free Conglomerate of Ewing Oil Co.
- : Safj was endorsed by The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.
- : Safj was endorsed by The Riverboat Ron of Indian Empire.
- : Safj was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Safj was endorsed by The Republic of Lichian.
- : Safj lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : Safj altered its national flag.