The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Tree Person with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, rampant corporate plagiarism, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 31.11 billion Safjians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Garfield. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Safjian economy, worth an astonishing 11,652 trillion Ivoxes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 374,557 Ivoxes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
When electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers, a formerly quiet little town is now booming as both a cult centre and a tourist attraction, and the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Garfield for fear of causing a fuss. Crime is totally unknown. Safj's national animal is the Dodo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Safj voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Bachtendekuppen".
- : Safj lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Garfield for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, a formerly quiet little town is now booming as both a cult centre and a tourist attraction.
- : Safj was endorsed by The United States of Eletronic Arts.
- : Safj was endorsed by The Kingdom of Castwell.
- : Safj voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Macedon".
- : Safj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers.
- : Following new legislation in Safj, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
Endorsements Received: 13 » NewTexas, Indian Empire, Greater United Texas, Lichian, Darth Kermit, Ewing Oil Co, United States of Woodward, Aholz, Tishanda, Beal, Phronatia, Castwell, and Eletronic Arts.