The Caek Eater of Sad-States is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Constantine with an iron fist, and remarkable for its closed borders, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 9.993 billion Saddomans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — prioritizes Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Evanska. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Salandian economy, worth 827 trillion Saddcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 82,853 Saddcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Constantine is adamant that ponies aren't just for little girls, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, the government has certified several glow-in-the-dark athletes as drug free, and citizens complain about a burning sensation after bathing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sad-States's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pacem Madizanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Dowlandistan.
- : Sad-States lost the endorsement of The United Dynastic Republic of Opstan.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The United Dynastic Republic of Opstan.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Extremely Lengthy Name of The Three States of Fortuna.
- : The Dominion of Audax Founder renamed the office held by Sad-States from "Sanguine Keeper" to "Elder" in Audax.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Dominion of Aelitia.
- : Sad-States's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Vizier of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- : Sad-States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Dominion of Romsa.