The Oderint Dum Metuant of Sad-States is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Rein with an iron fist, and remarkable for its disturbing lack of elderly people, compulsory military service, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.248 billion Maddomans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Industry also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Evanska. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Maddoman economy, worth a remarkable 1,039 trillion Saddcoins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 84,849 Saddcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Sad-States as a reminder of their "special relationship", a death threat has replaced 'hello' as an official greeting in the nation, careless Maxémon Trainers have been the cause of numerous search and rescue operations, and the doctor has cold hands. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sad-States's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lux Tenebris.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sad-States applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sad-States resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Sad-States was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Imperial Semi-Democracy of Shnailand.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Lucky Holy Pacifican Empire of East Durthang.
- : Sad-States was endorsed by The Materialistic Earthly Empire of The Seeker of Power.
- : Sad-States endorsed The Emeritus Augustus Pacificus of Pierconium.
- : Sad-States endorsed The Pacifica Exarch of Glealian.
- : Sad-States endorsed The Illustrious Realm of Samasbhi.
- : Sad-States endorsed The New Pacific Ocelot Senator of Xoriet.