The Federation of Saarkon is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 825 million Saarkonians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saarkon City. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Saarkonian economy, worth 101 trillion saarks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 122,832 saarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Leader affectionately nicknames supporters by number, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, the nation leads Europeia in per capita stalking, and teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough. Crime is totally unknown. Saarkon's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, teenagers are told they're not thinking about sex enough.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, the nation leads Europeia in per capita stalking.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, Leader affectionately nicknames supporters by number.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, Saarkonians visiting rural Southern Eagle Village can get their driving records clean for a small fee.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, most ambassadors from Saarkon retire only a few years after being appointed.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, glamping Saarkonians won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, police officers find government bureaucracy more terrifying than most serial killers.
- : Following new legislation in Saarkon, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- : Saarkon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality and Highest Average Tax Rates.
Endorsements Received: 59 » Raghallaigh, Eloscape, Avok Island, Potchen, Le Libertia, Lloenflys, The United Peoples of Centrism, Pirataria, Aexnidaral, Elaeria, Serpahima, Purgitz, Liveropolis, Precisely Nothing, Havenwelle, Brickfield, Free Andopia, Mediocrea, Mousa Liberty, Estanglia, Gooblaria, Blusterlands, Dictator Anna 10, Anshuland, Beriwen, Katkasistan, Arqhua, Lethen, --Neo-America--, Voxum Mortalum, FedRabbistan, Cortlandt Manor, Gebodwits, Murden, Agapetopia, Morongia, Ashie, Renmont, P0ptr0pica, Greater Louisianne, Awesomepotomia, Clialaad, Possibly this, Poultry Patrol, Danejun, Utopian Earth, Autistana, Archipielago de Filipinas, Eumenides, Thatcher Whitehall, and 9 others.Yuhania, The Democratic Peoples, Greatnessity City, Terra Venti, Grimbleweed, Douchland, Indonesian Peoples, Tritoneas, and New Volnicor.