The Republic of Rydeum is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 271 million Rydeans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cabisera. The average income tax rate is 50.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Ryden economy, worth 22.9 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 84,364 pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, many friends and relatives of Leader have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, and social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rydeum's national animal is the tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rydeum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, many friends and relatives of Leader have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, the government is seen as openly hostile to all religion.
- : Rydeum was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, the government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, foreign casinos have trouble paying fans who bet on the Cabisera Tigers' triumph against long odds.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, gossip magazines have pictures of Leader sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Rydeum, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
Endorsements Received: 189 » Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Sacrento, Partax, Newpromisedland, Holy Oranz, The Sinclarian Provinces, Orven, Warsaw-Halicz, Sakaryata, Joodey, Frances Francis the First of France, Sinelona, East Wushen, Chukstik Illahi, Avemterra, Marijuana Haven, Misuvelia, Ostrolia, Territorio di Nessuno, Kobagia, Ethnon, Kirostan, Saturns Edge, Babacar, El Fiji Grande, Alunya, New Eleria, Steampunk Ariel, Chamocha, Empy, Alice Gardens, Notyoutopia, Zokk, Shibutani, The Windmilluminati, Lower Nubia, SORT, Pleroma Sans Romans, Sanjurika, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Malta Comino Gozo, Solmetria, Valhalla123, The Iron Lions, United Draconia, Corfad, Humptalumpta, Racoda, Ara Antrizuls, and 139 others.New Pruessen, General COE, Siwale, National Goats, Ostrinios, Unsophisticate, Great and Glorious Martese Unionins, Vincone Cae, New Bremerton, Wunderstrafanstalt, Wilkshire, Peldorn, Guslantis, Great Bights Mum, The Most Freedom Ever, Viridiann, The Seven Shed Skins, Kwaj, Unimaginable Doom, Sunto, Acrabinnia, Bayern-Straubing, North Bratislava, Egalico, Omnistria, PlanetPunk, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Koda-Land, Napnomadia, Tappan Hills, Outer Egorniand, Kulgatha, Dar es Saalam, Yukti, Yaorozu, Union of Austria-Hungary, Sea Ghost, Camarthen, SillyString, Ieprus, Federation Terra Australis, Shadowrik, Panama Coalition, Tranquillitas Ingenii, Moubarakistan, Spartoptia, Black Templares, BrightFutures, Uganda Knuckles UK, Plangainer, Trillius, Novare Res, The Gamer Party, Maott, THX1138, New Lakemba, SchoolHouse Rock, Calamazo, Jasminlandia, Ice and Tinian, Ka Ching, Orenmark, Steraz, Kuveria, United States of Medford, Aweland, Sheldanada, Tarr-Nation, Kalatona, Choistan, Axstahl, The Holy Lands of Namiir, Durgron, AltanUrag, Spunkland, Velon, Wineclaw, Ejhsa, Old Emporia, Guer Aike, Island States of Skelldia, The Notorious Mad Jack, Chinese Japanese And Koreans, Musselshell, Elder Realms, Diodone, Staniel, Liberum Mundi, Phualand, Eri-Maqa-Ena, United Kingdoms of Islands, Kasazzastan, Ibiscaton, Shigonia, Sundred, Amerian States, Mazuri, Cloydicia, Sil Dorsett, The Rhein States, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Indiana Hoosier nation, Selfgradatude, Q w e r t y, Dreadton, Northern Gala Arment Toustavo, Buckerino, Changjo, Durr, Srpski Novo Zelandjani, Pradovnia, Seidr Wyrd, Victoriaans Nederlands, Apetopia, Kyrianian, Lomjia, The Brunchovian Republic of Pina Colada, Torakuen, Thiammyalllaland, The United States of Romania, 1 very fast endotarter, McDonaldsland, Pasargad, Ikea Rike, Free Azzaca, Vikingiarchy, Aratani, Niradans, British Pacific Islands, Loutsland, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Haor Chall, Noahs Second Country, Castle Federation, Former English Colony, Test for a new hope, Rynion, The Black Cathedral, and Antityranicals.