|Currency||Ryder City Dollar|
The United States of Ryder City is a small, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 32 million Rydeians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.7%.
The thriving Ryder Cityian economy, worth 2.64 trillion Ryder City Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 82,524 Ryder City Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 405,575 per year while the poor average 9,597, a ratio of 42.3 to 1.
Leader has declared a weed sticking through a crack in the sidewalk to be the nation's newest green space, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit, and giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Ryder City's national animal is the Nothing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Ryder City's influence in Gentu rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Ryder City was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Pro-Market and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ryder City, giggling teens are asked to put their mouths on rubber dolls.
- : Following new legislation in Ryder City, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit.