The United Kingdom of Ruther is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its frequent executions and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 307 million Rutherians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 20.3%.
The Rutherian economy, worth 15.4 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,282 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The Snapgram channel "Embarrassing Baby Leader Pics" has made Leader's mom a celebrity, the consent form for routine blood pressure measurement has been nominated for the 'Novel Of The Year' award, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, and plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ruther's national animal is the Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ruther's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ruther's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ruther was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Ruther ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Ruther was endorsed by The Most Loyal Catholic Union of Castle Federation.
- : Ruther was endorsed by The Nonsensical Absurdity of Abject Ludicrosity.
- : Ruther was endorsed by The Principality of Sil Dorsett.
- : Ruther was endorsed by The Deleted On Sight of Madjack.
- : Ruther was endorsed by The Empire of The New Cordian Empire.
- : Ruther was endorsed by Confederacy of antarctica.