The Most Serene Republic of Ruststraya is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Bob with an iron fist, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ubiquitous missile silos, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 2.255 billion Ruststrayans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Education, Environment, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thunder Dome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 33.6%.
The powerhouse Ruststrayan economy, worth 257 trillion Bucks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 114,148 Bucks, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Ruststraya's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, and the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ruststraya's national animal is the blue-ringed octopus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Bobism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Sheppey.
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, corporate lawyers are joyfully combing through the new tax code for any new loopholes for their clients.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, Ruststraya's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- : Ruststraya was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Ruststraya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Christian Democrats".
- : Ruststraya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Enabling The Disabled In Academia"".
Endorsements Received: 83 » Yaorozu, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Notyoutopia, Frances Francis the First of France, Unimaginable Doom, Lionia, Sunto, Meritdom, Xentherida, Guslantis, HMS Unicorn, Bharathvarsh, Elspeth and Samina, Zyvetskistaahn, Novare Res, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Vegetarian States, Shadowrik, Great Bights Mum, Pasargad, Wisconsota, Vantaria, Holy Oranz, Avalon, Sankami, Ceretis, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, SillyString, Republic of Dixie, American MapleStory, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Wineclaw, Siwale, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Empy, Religioncord, Indereac Lanx, Apetopia, Upper Portlandia, Kingdom of Space, Enosville, Malta Comino Gozo, Kaschovia, Ovsterland, Sandovara, Lord Ravenclaw, Valdr, Vazali, and 33 others.Southern Stroraia, Omicron Persei V111, Morrn, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Lupus Imperium, Tharissus, Yodizia, Reannia, Pallaith, Colony of lasting Hopes, PlanetPunk, Kwaj, Aldion, General COE, Friently, Moristia, Hong Kong Empire, South Grand Mountain, Jenner-Kardash, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Faxfleet, Diodone, Victoriaans Nederlands, Coemgen, Kizja, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, and Sheppey.