The Most Serene Republic of Ruststraya is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Bob with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, complete absence of social welfare, and exploding hoverboards. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 3.556 billion Ruststrayans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thunder Dome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Ruststrayan economy, worth 535 trillion Bobs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 150,711 Bobs, with the richest citizens earning 6.5 times as much as the poorest.
Petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Ruststraya's national animal is the blue-ringed octopus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Bobism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ruststraya voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Nazi Europa".
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, nature magazines featuring stick insects on their covers are sometimes mistaken for fashion magazines.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, grumbling early morning commuters bemoan having to travel to work in the dark.
- : Ruststraya endorsed The Medicine Cabinet of THX1138.
- : Ruststraya endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Californian Redwood.
- : Ruststraya endorsed The Free Land of Libertarian Utopian Project.
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Free Land of Libertarian Utopian Project.
Endorsements Received: 124 » Yaorozu, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Notyoutopia, Frances Francis the First of France, Unimaginable Doom, Lionia, Sunto, Xentherida, Guslantis, HMS Unicorn, Bharathvarsh, Novare Res, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, Great Bights Mum, Holy Oranz, Avalon, Sankami, Ceretis, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, SillyString, Republic of Dixie, American MapleStory, Wineclaw, Siwale, Indereac Lanx, Apetopia, Kingdom of Space, Enosville, Malta Comino Gozo, Lord Ravenclaw, Vazali, Southern Stroraia, Omicron Persei V111, Tharissus, Yodizia, Pallaith, Colony of lasting Hopes, PlanetPunk, Kwaj, Aldion, General COE, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Shin-Hachioji, Diodone, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, and 74 others.Yukti, Sheppey, Puczovska, Prevaland, Herzliyya, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Seven Hills, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, Bayern-Straubing, The Lancerian Empire, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Amerian States, Beodarasc, Territorio di Nessuno, Tredano, Che Sana Und, Corfad, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Phillywob, Wodan, Thenaca, Forunte, Ainsworth, Pria Xennes, Victoriaans Nederlands, Midds Conia, Calamazo, Palisede, Krakovhia, Agrauron, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Malvad, NatsukiLand, Merconitonitopia, Astal Aavors, Avornica, Eglise Sainte Eve, Alsatian Island, Illusia and Neverendia, Pop Prorp, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, The Mazur Empire, Ktyria, Morlanka, Canada GR, Atain, LaKronia, Pandessiand, Wesley Republic, Benolia, Freienland, Mordant99, Crazy Kongo, Nueava Libertalia, Albacria, Ozstan, Q w e r t y, Sallanas, ThE eNd oF eE, Habeseh, The Windmilluminati, Underground Techno, Shibutani, THX1138, Mazeoftime, Californian Redwood, and Libertarian Utopian Project.