The Most Serene Republic of Ruststraya is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Bob with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, otherworldly petting zoo, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.34 billion Ruststrayans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thunder Dome. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ruststrayan economy, worth a remarkable 1,125 trillion Bobs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 210,830 Bobs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Books are so highly regarded in Ruststraya that libraries are often revered as holy shrines, missionaries learn the hard way that their piercing spiritual insights are no match for arrows, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, and main battle tanks stalk the woods of Ruststraya in search of blue-ringed octopuses. Crime is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ruststraya's national animal is the blue-ringed octopus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Bobism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Supreme and Exalted Empire of Gatchina.
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Republic of Colorado 2.
- : Ruststraya's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kaisermacht.
- : Ruststraya was endorsed by The Kingdom of Royal Stockholm.
- : Ruststraya voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Solorni"".
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, main battle tanks stalk the woods of Ruststraya in search of blue-ringed octopuses.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Ruststraya, missionaries learn the hard way that their piercing spiritual insights are no match for arrows.
- : Ruststraya's influence in Confederation of Corrupt Dictators rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
Endorsements Received: 20 » Depackya, Nerannon, ShrewLlamaLand, Wilhelms, Anti-Freedoms Co, La Polizia Si Incazza, French Arabia, New Amant Blay, Jocospor, The Reapers of the Apocalypse, Galactic Imperial Republic, Great Iounotchkia, Doerbach, Canaveran Empire, Merconitonitopia, Seancha, Eudaschia, Comein, Fetra, and Colorado 2.