The United Socialist States of Russaki is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Andrey with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 7.317 billion Russakians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yeisk. The average income tax rate is 21.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Russakian economy, worth a remarkable 2,477 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 338,527 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, Andrey's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success, in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants, and birdsong in the mountains has to be loud enough to drown out nearby jackhammers. Crime is totally unknown. Russaki's national animal is the Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, birdsong in the mountains has to be loud enough to drown out nearby jackhammers.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, in government offices a hidden killer takes the lives of ministers and civil servants.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, Andrey's new door-knocking campaign has the sweet taste of success.
- : Russaki was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, the "war on terror" doesn't seem to be making Russakians any less frightened.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Kethania, Shamian, Uinted Communist of Africa, Anarhic Morrowind, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Liliumtopia, Vulga, Avanguard city, Soviet Felines, Itre, Stalin Lands, Westnesia, The State of Mao, Marxmeans, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Transbiansylvania, Blakkland, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Debordan, Phallas, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Secutor, Crescent Commune, Drumrum, Karelianastan, Redternetia, New Astri, Rothnia, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Thebrin, Virgondo, Pajonia, New Mandoras, Lorgim Lukka, Vilouki, Hopolieistan, Bibliophilius, Neo Tyranis, The palace of God 2, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, New United Islands, Picuros, Sodoran Alesia, Whatevernext, and Seungli.