The United Socialist States of Russaki is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Andrey with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 5.053 billion Russakians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yeisk. The average income tax rate is 7.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Russakian economy, worth a remarkable 1,523 trillion rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 301,523 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The most popular stadium acts are one-off performances, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Russakian language, not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric, and cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Russaki's national animal is the Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, not many kids know Shakespeare's Hamlet but most of them have seen unofficial sequel Hamlet III - The Search For Osric.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Russakian language.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, the most popular stadium acts are one-off performances.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, voter turnout for the election of the Junior Assistant for Non-Digital Media Strategies has been unsurprisingly low.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes.
- : Russaki was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Russaki, newly synthesized elements' half-lives are a million times shorter than the time it takes to say their names.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Kethania, Shamian, Uinted Communist of Africa, Anarhic Morrowind, Dindrenzi, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Alangrad, Liliumtopia, MLGDogeland, Vulga, Euronistan, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Avanguard city, Soviet Felines, Itre, Stalin Lands, Westnesia, The State of Mao, Marxmeans, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Republic of Yugoslavia, Pazakistan, Free Atlantis, Transbiansylvania, The Aristocratic States, Zaversko, Rosviet, Servilis, Blakkland, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Imperial Terra Australis, Feyrisshire, Land of Justinian, Mommano Dicus, Brasiliens, Elusea, Unitary Transcaucasia, Systemtopia, Sestabolgia, Gong Ren, Calusahatchii, and Eyckman.