The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by John Rauschenberger with an even hand, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, national health service, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 4.997 billion Rushenbergs enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rausch City. The average income tax rate is 96.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Rushenbergian economy, worth a remarkable 1,050 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 210,156 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed, and the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rushenberg's national animal is the pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Rushenberg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights for Crime Victims Act".
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Rushenberg was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Ttyxious.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, saying "don't do anything that John Rauschenberger wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, workers for the environmental protection agency are patted down for tartar sauce every morning.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, board shorts have replaced board rooms.
- : Rushenberg was endorsed by The Free Land of Fordonia.
Endorsements Received: 76 » World Trade, Marvinville, German Moravia, Zermanny, The Marconian State, European Technocratic Union, Viranyos, Wolventoft, LardBoy, ElBaron, Western Mediterranea, Orsily, Kochevnia, Neo-American States, New Alesland, Uppenja, Cerdenia, Angypt, Sho-Ol, Pezmeista, Second Kitary, Dendrobium, The United Patagonian States, Armarilla, Me KKong, Darwinton, South Mouse Island, Millenhaal, Rheimance, Rayekka, Ravonnia, Sunipi, Filipistan, Silveriant, Grazistica, Inderlanda20, Obliquity, Aviness, Brototh, Vullconia, Santa Marana, Cornacial, Orang Moku, Yalnkraine, Camellias, Reavina, Marie Byrd, Shrekistani, Amadeusk, No-ja, and 26 others.The Ambis, Flandronia, Stach, Northern New Stellanerown, Eastern Lothicca, Larmen, Teonage, 0ceania, Redorkra, Paws Foxion, Hacacia, Apelana, Huago, Ermica, El Eems Islands, Taralania, Entente da madeira, Tattertot, Lukaymmunki, Mardis, Korsinia, Zon island, Lutuania, The Jewel Cities, Fordonia, and Ttyxious.