The Democratic Republic of Rushenberg is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by John Rauschenberger with an even hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 2.47 billion Rushenbergs have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rausch City. The average income tax rate is 85.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Rushenbergian economy, worth 377 trillion pounds a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 152,877 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
A firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away, copyright laws have been abolished, major boxing matches are held in government buildings, and reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rushenberg's national animal is the pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rushenberg was endorsed by The Commonwealth of 4yeye.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, major boxing matches are held in government buildings.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, copyright laws have been abolished.
- : Rushenberg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, a firework a day does not in fact keep the doctor away.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, it takes at least three to tango.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, sales of disinfectant wipes have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Rushenberg, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles.
Endorsements Received: 47 » The Bigtopia, World Trade, Marvinville, Korsinia, Rayekka, Marie Byrd, Besancia, German Moravia, Zermanny, The Marconian State, Nouvelle Valois, Uppenja, Mafsachufetts Bay, Cheesecakeastan, European Technocratic Union, Tijati, Brussel Hamlets, Viranyos, Rhyssuan Peoples, Cerdenia, Rhodesae, Wolventoft, Brototh, Gross Osterreich, LardBoy, Hosavan, Miharr, Castarilia, ElBaron, Melisande, American South America, Versadienreich, New Cryal, Western Mediterranea, Of Altonianic Islands, El Eems Islands, Typia, Ermica, Arkane Studios, Venland, The New Rhine, Exlroe, Orsily, The Virginia Crab Cult, Rtiop, Cleagua, and 4yeye.