The Free Advertising Space of Ruritania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Admiral Memo with an iron fist, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, smutty television, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 28.755 billion Ruritanians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Strelsau. The average income tax rate is 8.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ruritanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,804 trillion sovereigns a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,752 sovereigns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Annual Formula One races bring the capital to a screeching halt, the Ruritanian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm, and prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Ruritania's national animal is the ferret, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ruritania's influence in Runners Region rose from "Sprat" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Ruritania, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Ruritania, the price of takeaway food quadruples after 6pm.
- : Ruritania relocated from Lazarus to Runners Region.
- : Ruritania was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Ruritania ceased to exist in Runners Region.
- : Ruritania's influence in Runners Region fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Ruritania's influence in Runners Region fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Ruritania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Ruritania's influence in Runners Region fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".