The Socialist Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, compulsory vegetarianism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 18.909 billion Runegeistians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 3,471 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 183,571 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many marriages go virtually unconsummated, builders across Runegeist are blocked up with orders for new public loos, autocrats are persona non grata, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Doringia.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Republic of Faroe Social Republic.
- : Runegeist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn A Bloodred Moon".
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, builders across Runegeist are blocked up with orders for new public loos.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, most pop videos prominently feature the Runegeistian flag.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, interest in globalism never flags.
Endorsements Received: 104 » Zaratov, Soviet Trailer Park, Korvias, Sauros, Claiomha, Transatracuria, Agatep, Kawany, Fizzopolis, Khoridan, Alans Land, Andylandy, Metacon Union, Midterra, New Volica, Coung Komands, Proxima B, Nissania, Caspersland, Grod Island, Ghillemear, Vervardsmopia, Martilliopen, Marxist Land of Peoples, Rorlenland, Henchikurin, Republic of Braz, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Frasuly, Pemasing, NeoXoleria, Pissing Yourself, Flavor community aka flavortown, Valorigrad, The Swaggerlands, Anime Waifu Providing Soviets, Harmonious Collective, Amblerville, Teton Sebo, Niakona, New Rado Dow, Podria, Mexican Communists, Aimmnai, East Osterreich, Argentigrad, Kagtopia, Roznyjarus, Depro, Kalahana, and 54 others.Fangon, Schillikia, Free Magiounanionvet, Gloucester City, Karstein, Dungaar, Terra Leuthenia, Tavilistan, Rhadrainou, The Community of Cascadia, Balheim, Giratyphon, North Amherst, New Flamington, Crimson Terra, Camtha, Evangelion and Katawa Shoujo, Cobolorum, Anmife, Helihaben, Apoillyshy, Houlle, The Two Tharses, Upplessirbrialand, Kavagrad, Zinnelgladhad, Spookystan, Vicitania, Neo Enderion, Phalanx Rouge, Fiumino, The Northwest Arctic, Themsylvanii, Sterkspruit, Triordia, Republican Jericho, Therblesser, Navicro, The Great Comrades of the Revolution, Haydenium, Pridneprovye, New Saphire, Nuevo Roatan, Gogosia, Losche, Sawolp, Snatland, Belsue, La Procrastinacie, Sincadenas, Rhyl and Prestatyn, Priomia, Faroe Social Republic, and Doringia.