The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its infamous sell-swords, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 15.004 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 2,294 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 152,916 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prisoners have been known to host cooking and home décor television shows, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, and five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Pristine Land of Carceniae.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, prisoners have been known to host cooking and home décor television shows.
- : Runegeist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, small children are learning a lot of new words from a teacher with Tourette Syndrome.
- : Runegeist was endorsed by The Holy Dolorian Imperium of The Traditional States.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Republic of Insulas Dives.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Angea, Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Big Boys Woolies, The Evile Empire, Bietzopolis, Pac Viridion, Gliesetonia, Josephtan, Ormantum, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Salanernterthwazva, Ritterdorf, Tyranogorgon, Banana Man154, Empire of Bentopia, Mjopolis, Obliquity, Tibus Heth, Asterdel, The Federation of Soviet, VichyFrance, Jersatia, Agerica, Pollariaua, Deaul Paka, Zelkia, MacPublic, Venkara, Yuthorin, Livre Republica de Sao Paulo, The United Empire States, Prometheum, Zalodia, Palancia, Trischoczlovakia, Abbasian, Rupp, Fenrirs Land, Javatelania, Peacefalia, Leverestia, Norddriki, Zokada, Fiwchuk, BrazilSky, Huehuecoyotlicio, Tobosarsk, Balkan Vojvodina, and 18 others.South Ourense, Prunaria, Valltoria, Thievesland, Ierna, Progeria, San Guglielmo, Corsoaua, TRUMP PENCE 2020, Adomania, Peoples Republic of Xabia, Of NUGE, Londoniopol, Reino de Scaillos, Metania-Sol, Eduss, The Traditional States, and Carceniae.