The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its teetotalling pirates, state-planned economy, and infamous sell-swords. The compassionate, humorless population of 12.952 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 83.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 1,998 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 154,270 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has an international reputation for compassion, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property, third world countries are rich in "I Love Rome" t-shirts, and the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the nation's politicians are known more for the internet memes they spawn than any of their accomplishments.
- : Runegeist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Kingdom of Marinne.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Grand Republic of United Kingdom of the Universe.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, third world countries are rich in "I Love Rome" t-shirts.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Leader's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Rome Times is sold out.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Angea, Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Geektopia, Big Boys Woolies, Kingdom of Montana, O-BrokiPuppet, The Evile Empire, Bietzopolis, New Cesorion, Pac Viridion, Gliesetonia, Josephtan, Ormantum, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Kycker, Ierna, Salanernterthwazva, Calponia, Laureland, Ritterdorf, Tyranogorgon, Anglo Slumania, Banana Man154, Opek, Laurennia, Ravennog, The MiniNation, Dependants, Vidor, Tokiff, Empire of Bentopia, Mjopolis, Hidden the Artic, Federated anarchic communes, Obliquity, Dimokratikos Enclave, Tibus Heth, HAVENLY MARK, Bellane, New Jakobly, Pragique, MNI, Communaccord, Astaine, The United States of Columbia, Asterdel, Marsius Xadrius, Risastorstein, and 21 others.The Federation of Soviet, Adomiana, Caerek, Tahmoor, Barlonatar, Greatest pimps, Zimpire, Esta Ostad, AICTAIY, El Reyno Mexicano, Palancia, Cheesecakeastan, Hulldom, The Cascade Regions, Hydraic Empire, North Starklandia, The United Republic Of Federal Kingdoms, Mardon, Ortasvia, Sajakawa, and The Traditional States.