The Republic of Runegeist is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, humorless population of 12.993 billion Runegeistians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. The average income tax rate is 84.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Runegeistian economy, worth a remarkable 2,036 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 156,776 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow, Leader lives life on the open road - complete with groupies, and fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Runegeist's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Runegeist endorsed The Republic of Mants.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Republic of Asphant.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, Leader lives life on the open road - complete with groupies.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Protectorate of Akselia.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Following new legislation in Runegeist, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Runegeist endorsed The United States of Yongjielandia.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Jingoistic States of Ska Tand.
- : Runegeist endorsed The Republic of Gredes.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Angea, Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Geektopia, Big Boys Woolies, Kingdom of Montana, The Evile Empire, Bietzopolis, New Cesorion, Pac Viridion, Gliesetonia, Josephtan, Ormantum, Violet Hedgehog, Reatilber Soclistice, Kycker, Ierna, Salanernterthwazva, Calponia, Laureland, Ritterdorf, Tyranogorgon, Anglo Slumania, Banana Man154, Opek, Laurennia, Ravennog, The MiniNation, Dependants, Vidor, Tokiff, Empire of Bentopia, Mjopolis, Hidden the Artic, Federated anarchic communes, Obliquity, Dimokratikos Enclave, Tibus Heth, HAVENLY MARK, Bellane, Pragique, MNI, Communaccord, Astaine, The United States of Columbia, Asterdel, Risastorstein, The Federation of Soviet, Adomiana, Caerek, and 24 others.Tahmoor, Barlonatar, Greatest pimps, Zimpire, Esta Ostad, AICTAIY, El Reyno Mexicano, Palancia, Cheesecakeastan, Hulldom, The Cascade Regions, Hydraic Empire, North Starklandia, The United Republic Of Federal Kingdoms, Mardon, Ortasvia, Sajakawa, The Traditional States, Sozland, Upper Tyrconnel, Midwestern States, LiberNovusAmericae, United Kingdom of the Universe, and Detzscren Blummv.