The Spectacular Sassafras Trees of Ruinenlust is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Rex Silvae with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 6.983 billion Lusters hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dendropolis. The average income tax rate is 31.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ruinenlustian economy, worth a remarkable 1,281 trillion Runes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 183,574 Runes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, blind students are at a disadvantage now that test papers printed in braille have been discontinued, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, and towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ruinenlust's national animal is the Mountain Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, blind students are at a disadvantage now that test papers printed in braille have been discontinued.
- : Ruinenlust lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, the new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction.
- : Ruinenlust endorsed The Allied States of Atsvea.
- : Ruinenlust was endorsed by The Allied States of Atsvea.
- : Following new legislation in Ruinenlust, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Ruinenlust's influence in Forest fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Ruinenlust's influence in Forest rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
Endorsements Received: 84 » Ransium, Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Frieden-und Freudenland, Velkia and the Islands, Candlewhisper Archive, Tauride, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Kawastyselir, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Mountain Ash Forests, The Cypher Nine, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Elundris, Love and Nature, Entitize, Boar Stacks, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Meropis, Kinganaryasia, Wantevolo, Vanenia, The British Antarctic Expedition, Window Land, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Rorston, Cat-Herders United, Prydaein, Banandonia, Bilsa, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Shimerta, Artemis, Ordand, Raccoon Creek, The Black Horns, and 34 others.Oryx the Mad God, Eaven, Paplia, Coranova, Hyon Delta, KinectiA, Groenwald, Kaiseland, Mahrenbach, Bananaistan, Kannap, Rutie, Mai Taneth, Speal Dhorrn, Western Continental Divide, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Jutsa, Esnua, Khazuul, Zultacke, Randy Newman, The Righteous Order of Youth, Prin Halland, New Ladavia, Bagiona, Deontologia, Kilkerneys Landing, Pesto alla Genovese, Cosona, Cair Appalachia, Novelarx, Eir, and Atsvea.