The Socialist Republics of Rovun is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Борис Балабанов with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, zero percent divorce rate, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 3.907 billion Rovunians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of label. The average income tax rate is 69.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Rovunian economy, worth 415 trillion Фамчетs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 106,421 Фамчетs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Country folk are sent to obligatory boarding schools to learn how to be civilized, the nation forgives those who are big enough to admit they made a mistake, eight-year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas, and things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rovun's national animal is the Brown Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rovun's influence in Chaotic History rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Rovun's influence in Chaotic History rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Rovun lodged a message on the Chaotic History Regional Message Board.
- : Rovun changed its national motto to "Rovun may have fallen, but its glory will never fall.".
- : Rovun published "Rovun has Collapsed" (Bulletin: News).
- : Rovun's influence in Chaotic History rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Rovun's influence in Chaotic History rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Rovun altered its national flag.
- : Rovun relocated from The North Pacific to Chaotic History.
- : Rovun lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.