|Leader||Emperor Alexander IV|
|Faith||Autocephalous Morrainean Catholic Church|
The Holy Empire of Routcher is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander IV with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 6.869 billion Routcherians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Mary. The average income tax rate is 81.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Routcherian economy, worth 373 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,410 Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, the justice of Routcher is considered superior to that of other nations, cricket farmers use magnifying glasses to fit every member of their herd with tiny tracking tags, and Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Routcher's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Autocephalous Morrainean Catholic Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Routcher voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Routcher was endorsed by The Second Monarchy of Crilland.
- : Routcher's influence in 21st Century Rome rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Routcher voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Routcher voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Routcher voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Routcher voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Routcher voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Routcher voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Routcher voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Embassy".