The Queen's State of Rotuma Island is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 22.005 billion Rotuma Islandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. The average income tax rate is 85.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Rotuma Islandian economy, worth 110 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 5,008 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and Rotuma Island has designated Capital Heights as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rotuma Island's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rotuma Island lodged a message on the Rotuma Island Regional Message Board.
- : Rotuma Island altered its national flag.
- : Rotuma Island altered the regional flag of Rotuma Island.
- : Rotuma Island agreed to construct embassies between Rotuma Island and Latin America.
- : Rotuma Island's influence in Rotuma Island rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Rotuma Island's influence in Rotuma Island fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Rotuma Island proposed constructing embassies between Rotuma Island and The Southern Islands.
- : Rotuma Island changed its national capital to "Capital Heights".
- : Following new legislation in Rotuma Island, Rotuma Island has designated Capital Heights as its capital city.
- : Rotuma Island password-protected Rotuma Island.