The Commonwealth of Rothella is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Basil Sander with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 3.875 billion Rothellans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Law & Order, and Education are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Roana. The average income tax rate is 49.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rothellan economy, worth 586 trillion Ruros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,266 Ruros, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, pregnant women get a lot of evil glares from fellow passengers when leaving the country, the military is plagued with unethical researchers, and frisbee games on college quadrangles are grounds for expulsion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rothella's national animal is the Peregrine, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rothella endorsed The Federal Democratic Republic of Some People on Planet Arcadia.
- : Rothella was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Rothella applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Rothella was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Rothella, frisbee games on college quadrangles are grounds for expulsion.
- : Following new legislation in Rothella, the military is plagued with unethical researchers.
- : Following new legislation in Rothella, pregnant women get a lot of evil glares from fellow passengers when leaving the country.
- : Following new legislation in Rothella, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Rothella, the nation's WA representatives have received a very public sacking after Rothella allowed its WA membership to lapse.
- : Rothella resigned from the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.