The Federal Republic of Rotenstein is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 386 million Rotensteiners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rotadlerburg. The average income tax rate is 42.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rotensteinian economy, worth 38.1 trillion marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,688 marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework, and autocrats are persona non grata. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Rotenstein's national animal is the red eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rotenstein was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Following new legislation in Rotenstein, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Rotenstein, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework.
- : Following new legislation in Rotenstein, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Rotenstein, the thin blue line is composed of picketing police officers demanding better pensions.
- : Following new legislation in Rotenstein, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma.
- : Rotenstein voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Rotenstein was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Rotenstein was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Rotenstein, Rotenstein has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Outer Sparta, Regnum Italiae, Valskraa, Porury, Imperium Anglorum, GanymedEuropa, Yahlia, Preusses, St Scarlett, Elisabethshagen, Pilipinas and Malaya, Republic of Satherland, The Seven Provinces, Troltovia, Saint Domingo, Northern German Federation, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Champions League, Thracia Republic, Viciebskaja, Dark Matter, Kanokla, Slavorussia, Enway, The New Nordic Union, Irminsulia, Chioganah, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Greater Eastern Republic, Free Furentenia, The Kingdom of Denmark, Puhja, Neuchateau, Einswenn, Rijland, Evergreen Keys, Apabeossie, Walfo, Feria-Alkaline, Pazano, Legique, Alsted, An Clar, Elitestland, Mallesia, Stromia, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Leranditale, Supcotia, and 3 others.Jim the Baptist, Nardin, and Continental Social Democrats.