The Dictatorship of Rose Buds is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 441 million Members of The Hall are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.9%.
The very strong Kawaii economy, worth 25.7 trillion gold shillings a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 58,292 gold shillings, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rose Buds's national animal is the carrier pigeon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rose Buds was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Rose Buds's influence in The Land Of The Rising Sun rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Rose Buds lodged a message on the The Land Of The Rising Sun Regional Message Board.
- : Rose Buds updated the World Factbook entry in The Land Of The Rising Sun.
- : Rose Buds agreed to construct embassies between The Land Of The Rising Sun and Trophy Cabinet.
- : Rose Buds added the tag "Invader" to The Land Of The Rising Sun.
- : Rose Buds established the regional flag of The Land Of The Rising Sun.
- : Rose Buds relocated from Taijitu to The Land Of The Rising Sun.
- : Rose Buds founded the region The Land Of The Rising Sun.
- : Rose Buds changed its national demonym to "Member of The Hall", its demonym adjective to "Kawaii", and its demonym plural to "Members of The Hall".