The Queendom of Rosamie is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Queen Quishy with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.179 billion Rosamieans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West Nalatown. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Rosamiean economy, worth 139 trillion squishes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 118,136 squishes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Pro-life activists often lecture pregnant women undergoing routine prenatal screening, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus, tumbleweed drifts through the nation's shopping centres during the weekends, and 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rosamie's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rosamie was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Upper Tyrconnel.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, tumbleweed drifts through the nation's shopping centres during the weekends.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, pro-life activists often lecture pregnant women undergoing routine prenatal screening.
- : Rosamie was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Rosamie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, the children of Rosamie are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Rosamie, travelers often bring empty plastic bottles on Air Rosamie flights to avoid the pay lavatories.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Quiescent, Paranoia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jaxon, Jehenna, Pencil Sharpeners 2, United States of Vietnam, Luddinlande, Volaworand, Aywhyou, Kringalia, Northendia, New Briantown, Sedunn, Erinor, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Beepee, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Pastir, UnShleepd, Elveka, The National Corporation, Macrothea, Tsvetania, Isokenzar, Darakin, The Two Jerseys, Japanese Federal Republic, Curlyhoward, Rebel-topia, Anachronolandia, Towi Lamia, Noveos, The United Expanse, Grouu, North Kanuckistan, Transcostria, Lulliland, Lambdaland, Kiasu-ism, Pamela And Hepatitis, Seliyan progressive Islands, Bergenu, Saciu, Theorin, Qazahnir, Soem, Ancient Slobovia, and 39 others.Agalaesia, Barabarom, Nyfinest128, Sandaoguo, Vincent Field, Rabbitz, Stoniamera, Auphelia, Kroumos, Xandev, Midand, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, Qvait, Darbor, Birdkeeper, Nankyoku Tairiku, Maletora, The Filippinas, Land Without Shrimp, Freedoom, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, North Catimestistrianes, The Dragon Enclave, Akindom, Ostanasia, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, German Hapsburg, Choodox, Sesteran, Ariankido, Pulau Bali, Churumduul, Hanguk-Nippon, Slenrotros, and Upper Tyrconnel.