The Better than you of Ronodin is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ritual sacrifices, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.851 billion Rono are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ronodinian economy, worth 277 trillion Bitcoins a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 150,021 Bitcoins, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,364,296 per year while the poor average 1,882, a ratio of 724 to 1.
Elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, baseball caps are the new fashion trend, a PhD just ain't what it used to be, and children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Bitcoin charge on their phone bill. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ronodin's national animal is the Schrodinger Cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ronodin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ronodin was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Ronodin's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ronodin was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Ronodin was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Ronodin ceased to exist in The cyber nexus.
- : Ronodin's influence in The cyber nexus rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- : Ronodin's influence in The cyber nexus fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Following new legislation in Ronodin, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Bitcoin charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Ronodin, a PhD just ain't what it used to be.