The Republic of Romlania is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 2.079 billion Romlanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 53.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Romlanian economy, worth 107 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 51,680 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, 'Police Academy 36' and 'Sharknados On A Plane' are vying for top spot at the box-office, onions have been banned due to their tendency to cause eye irritation, and disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romlania's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romlania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Romlania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Romlania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Romlania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Scardino".
- : Romlania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Romlania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".
- : Romlania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Romlania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Romlania, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in Romlania, onions have been banned due to their tendency to cause eye irritation.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Mediobogdum, Liberillia, Fuentana, Fujai, Nieubasria, Holmani, IndyCar Racing, Giovanniland, Dilber, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, Cro Magnon, BIteland, Moriari, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Lodiberdade, Zoran, and Sensorland.