|Leader||Emperor Alexander Ulmer|
The Empire of Romic is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander Ulmer with an iron fist, and notable for its enslaved workforce, keen interest in outer space, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 23.061 billion Romicians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Environment, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 72.1%.
The very strong Romician economy, worth a remarkable 1,413 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,287 Imperial Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romic's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romic's influence in Imperiorum Regni fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Romic's influence in Imperiorum Regni rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Romic relocated from Osiris to Imperiorum Regni.
- : Romic's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Romic's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Romic's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Romic was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Romic's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Romic was refounded in Osiris.
- : Romic ceased to exist in Balder.