|Leader||Emperor Alexander Ulmer|
The Empire of Romic is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander Ulmer with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and strictly enforced bedtime. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 19.247 billion Romicians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Environment, and Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Romician economy, worth a remarkable 1,144 trillion Imperial Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 59,480 Imperial Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Strange looking men with big red noses are found hiding behind bushes and inside dustbins, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Romic's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Romic's influence in Kingdom of Alexandria rose from "Zero" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Romic applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Romic relocated from Lazarus to Kingdom of Alexandria.
- : Romic's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Romic's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Romic's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Romic altered its national flag.
- : Romic's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Romic was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Romic ceased to exist in Kingdom of Alexandria.